Will Facebook Dominate Mobile Internet? Want to Bet Against It?
Amy Porterfield of the Social Media Examiner highlights some stunning figures from a new Morgan Stanley research document:
- It is estimated that 17% of Facebook users currently access the site using a mobile device, and that number is estimated to skyrocket to 90% within 5 years.
- Mobile Facebook users are 50% more active than non-mobile Facebook users.
- 1 million users commented on their friends’ status changes on mobile devices within the first 24 hours of the mobile feature’s launch.
- There are currently 180+ carriers in 60 different countries promoting Facebook mobile products.
- Here’s a graph to show Facebook’s steady rise of mobile users:
Earlier, I mentioned that the impact of the mobile internet might actually (finally) be at hand for small business owners. This data seems to confirm it, in my view. There is a lot more data shared in Amy’s post. Read the whole thing.
(Image taken from The Mobile Internet Report by Morgan Stanley Research)
About Keven Elliff
Keven Elliff Google profile is a business development and marketing consultant who helps businesses, organizations, and individuals connect with customers. Keven advises solo entrepreneurs and small businesses, as well as large enterprises and nonprofits.