I Disagree with the 10 Commandments
- Thou Shalt Blog (like crazy).
- Thou Shalt Create Profiles (everywhere).
- Thou Shalt Upload Photos (lots of them).
- Thou Shalt Upload Videos (all you can find).
- Thou Shalt Podcast (often).
- Thou Shalt Set Alerts (immediately).
- Thou Shalt Comment (on a multitude of blogs).
- Thou Shalt Get Connected (with everyone).
- Thou Shalt Explore Social Media (30 minutes per week).
- Thou Shalt Be Creative (go forth and create creatively)!
At the risk of blasphemy, I’d like to suggest that these 10 Commandments are wrong. While there is value in following these rules, I believe that the real value is in strategically evaluating what your needs are, and then determining the best mix for you.
I suspect that the point here is to encourage people to not be fearful and timid – and I applaud that. However, if someone actually just did everything above, they would quickly lose interest, get cynical, and ultimately move on.
In summary: make a plan. Figure out which of the 10 Commandments works for you – and then go for it. Strategically.